Saturday, March 27, 2010

Updates

So, for those of you who haven't heard. I unfortunately didn't get a slot for field training this summer. It is rather crappy to say the least. After talking it over with Jentry, I am going to compete for a slot next year. If I get the slot, I will have to add another year to school, so, I've started looking at masters programs on campus to feel things out. I will probably shoot for an MBA. Now, because of this, I have a summer full of possibilities.
1. Nate, I still want to do a 100 mile bike ride with you, I just don't think it will be the MS 150. This upcoming Monday I'm going to start training for that.
2. I've discovered I actually rather enjoy running. Weird, I know. I use to absolutely detest running. Anyway, I am going to start training to do a 5k and a Half Marathon. The 3.1 miles of the 5k will be easy...13.1 will be rough, but it will be awesome.
3. I also am going to start training for triathlons. Which means I'm going to be swimming more. There are several triathlons in August and September and I want to do one for fun, see how it goes, and see if it is something I can compete in.
At any rate, my plan is to post my weekly schedule for workouts and what will be done each day. If any one wants to train to do a 5k with me later this summer, that would be tight. All of this will also push me towards my weight goal of 195 and not being content with where I am because I don't want to get back to where I was. I was happy with myself, but not as able. Now, I'm still happy with myself but much much more able to do things I want to do and things I never thought I would do. I love you all and just thought I would put something up to update.

2 comments:

  1. What the "freak" is team puppy guts?? Well Tom I am so sorry you did not get into field training. We will keep praying for you. I am however very proud of you!!love ya Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did team puppy guts even come from?
    Did I miss something? Thomas, that is a pretty major bummer! I'm sorry. I would love to train for a 5K with you! I know Julie would too. And Kirsten said she wanted to as well. We will be in Utah in the end of May, there may not be an organized run that weekend but we could go running together. And, I'm definitely up for a bike ride. You just start riding to here from Logan, and whenever you get here it will be a...Surprise!

    ReplyDelete